Saturday, September 5, 2009

Homeward Bound

I decided to go home for the weekend because it was a holiday. Usually the fam and I are at the beach house in foggy Bodega Bay sitting by the fireplace , drinking mexican hot chocolate and loving life. But not this year. We are in hot, smoke filled Sacramento just puttering around the house. I got home late last night and I thought I would be happy to be home and that everything would be the same. Man, I was in for a surprise. My parents said goodnight and went to bed. I walked into my room and everything is different. The decorations were moved around, it didn't smell like me. It was clean. It was no longer my room. Alone in this new place, I sat and listened to a playlist consisting of Modest Mouse, Bright Eyes, Peter Bjorn, and everything in between. Is this what coming home is supposed to feel like?





3 comments:

  1. Please work on making it at least smell like you a little before I get there so that I don't freak out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to college brother! I went through the same thing only to find out that my room was occupied by.....you.

    That's life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Want me to try and concoct a little Diego aromatherapy for you so you feel more at home next time?

    ReplyDelete